View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #495
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I don't believe for a second that anybody that interested in the first place won't end up buying it anyway, providing it turns out to be good.

But I've always maintained that publishers announce their games way too early. In this case, waaaaaaay too early. Still don't think it'll make the slightest difference to sales, though. A big press conference, an onslaught of screenshots, a few trailers, and some playable previews will go a long way to reviving anyone's flagging interest. And if not that, an actual game that turns out well will seal the deal.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't agree that anyone who were interested will buy it. People tend to forget the game when it keeps getting postponed/canceled. Has happened to me several times, and when I do remember and get the game, love it and ask if will hav a sequel, the answer is no, cause it didn't do well.

Sometimes I wonder if Jane should just do what Roberta Williams did and let people remember her as the mother of Gabriel Knight. That's something to be proud of for sure. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Gray Matter, and I looooooooove Jane. Just worried for her and for the game. I guess I'm a fan or something.

Last edited by Hannes; 04-23-2010 at 10:34 PM.