View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
My heart leaped when I saw this on the shelf at Wal-mart:

As soon I picked it up and read "hidden object adventure game" on the box, I sighed and put it back on the shelf. Oh well. Maybe some of the casual game fans here would like to try it?

When I watched action-adventure movies like Tomb Raider and National Treasure, I couldn't help thinking they seem to play out like adventure games (undiscovered treasure, ancient maps containing clues, trotting from city to city, improbable plot twists).
Sorry for responding to every post now. please, tell me if you find me annoying. I just love talking about movies. Anyways I think it's a real waste making "Shutter Island" a cassual. Though I do like cassual games every now and then I think a story as deep and complex as "Shutter Island" is simply not suited for this particular genre.

National Treasure'd make great adventure games. Looking forward to the third film allready. Tomb Raider however is allready a game franchise (no brainer of the year perhaps?) and allthough I'd love to see it converted into an AG series that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon. Though Underworld was pretty close in a way.

Also to add my two cents: I'd like to see an AG based on "Se7en" Perhaps featuring Somerset on another equally dark case. He's probably one of the greatest characters ever created in cinematic history, lots of thanks to Morgan Freeman who played the character in a wonderful tuned down kind of way. He's certainly my favorite movie character. Even surpassing "Verbal Kint" The concept of a new case wouldn't work as a sequal film but would as a game adaptation. You'd have the killer leaving all kinds of cryptic clues wich Somerset then has to look up in the library. Unlocking codes and stuff. The usual AG tricks.

Also talking about Morgan Freeman, I'd love to see an Alex Cross game. The first two novels ("Along came a Spider" and "Kiss the Girls") were adapted into movies that's why I'm bringing it up. Anyways I hope after "Womes Murder Club" Patterson's gonna give the green light to "Alex Cross" Only not as a casual but as a full fledged AG. It'd be like Art of Murder only a hundred times better! Probably better dream on

Last edited by gray pierce; 04-17-2010 at 05:09 PM.