Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #3130
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) Repeating Squinky's last #1 question, do you have a favourite piece of music in a time signature other than Common Time (i.e. 4/4, and yeah, I suppose waltzes count, though it would be nice if you could manage a number higher than four beats to the bar ).
2) What's your favourite piece of music with controversial or political themes, and do you suspect it's a bit preachy, or just insightful?
3) What, if any, piece of music goes through your head when someone or someones start talking or acting sexually/suggestively in your presence?
1. Yes, many. Oh, you want examples? Well, Take 5 is an obvious answer. A not so obvious answer (unless you know me) would be to pick something from one of my absolute favourite groups: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. They do many interesting things with rhythm. Or some Stravinsky? But I'll pick one of McFerrin's Circlesongs. Circlesong One is in 7/4, but I'll choose number three. It's in 15/4, I think. (Could be notated in three I guess, but it only makes sense in 15.)

(I also have a recording of Silent Night in 5/8, but that doesn't count, as it's me and my sister playing my arrangement of the song. There are also odd meters in some parts of the soundtrack for the game mentioned in my sig.)

2. I have many CDs with Christian music in my CD-collection. That can certainly be considered controversial. Pick a favourite? As you can tell, I'm not so good at that, but considering the followup-question, I pick Michael Card's Ancient Faith CD. Preachy and insightful.

3. That would depend on the circumstance. I tend to make very far-fetched connections to songs popping up in my head at various time. (Or having random songs get stuck.) But just to give an answer, I'll say "You Can Leave Your Hat On", just because it's a cool song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What would you like to do again that you used to do a lot when you were a kid?

2. Why don't you do it now?

3. What do you do now that you would like to do as a kid?

3a. Why didn't you do it then?
1. I can't think of anything.

3. I) I play music. II) I play computer games. III) I make computer games.

3a. I) I hadn't learnt how to yet. II) I didn't have the games to play. III) Didn't have the tools or skills.

--

And now to think of some new questions, while listening to Circlesongs…

1. Why don't you listen to more music?
2. Why don't you listen to more music live?
3. Why don't you play more music?

(Oops. It became a triple music question.)