View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

I can give the two top reasons I was disappointed with "Lost Souls". One is that he relied more heavily on 'pop out' scares rather than enhancing the atmosphere like he did in his previous games, or at least I felt like this. It was more a 'in your face' horror than a creepy feeling encroaching in on you. Second reason is that he tried to add 'bigger reasons' to the characters. I'm all for making the characters more rounded, but Gloria Grable didn't need to be involved with the Russians or something else ridiculous. I liked the idea that she was jsut robbing a bank, end of story. Adding in all those slightly unbelievable details really took it away for me.

I would trust in this new branching out, if his last two gmes hadn't disappointed me. I understand some people didn't mind them, but for me, it was a change of direction than his other games. I'm still looking forward to it, but I just don't have as much faith as I used to.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes