View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #130
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
WHAT! I have spent an entire day somewhere between cursing and crying 'cause I could not overcome the stupid fight scene atop of the train and now you tell me I could've skipped that? Thanks a lot Fien!

No seriously thanks, when I replay this game I generally look up a saved game somewhere after the fight to continue but that means I generally miss a small bit of the good stuff as well Now I don't have to do that anymore. Really, honestly, lots of thanks!
Heheh... I cursed a lot too on top of the train first time I played TLE. That’s the hardest fight and I didn’t know about the cheat, which is not in the manual. (It’s a convoluted cheat, you even have to repeat the steps 4 or more times, not 3 like I said.) I came across it much later in the official strategy guide, page 3 of the introduction. I recently learned that you can find the guide online at

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25895118/T...Strategy-Guide

Zobraks:
Quote:
Thanks for this great tip, Fien . I'll certainly use it.
BTW: How long did it take YOU to finish TLE the first time around?
Would you describe it as short & easy?
I honestly don’t remember how long it took me the first time, too long ago. But it has great replay value and I certainly didn’t finish it within one sitting or one day. I was fascinated from the very first, wanted to see and hear as much as possible, started several games at the same time so I could try different things and see what worked best. I didn't think it was easy, the gameplay is different from "normal" adventures, it's all about understanding what's the heck is going on.

TLE is a unique game and it pays to read the manual. Another piece of advice: your game is saved automatically. When you die or witness a bad ending, you can rewind manually to an earlier time. But it’s best to let the game do the rewinding for you automatically because it will take you back to a moment when you can still change the losing outcome.