View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #125
RxBandits123

Was bored today and I ended up playing and beating this game for the first time and Im glad I did. Ive been recommended many games on this site that I have enjoyed ie the longest journey, Broken Sword, TMOS, Monkey Island but Im suprised that I never tried this game sooner.
Being its an adventure game and in real time I was expecting it to be a really slow paced title but in actuality its pretty intense with a few moments where you have to think on your toes fast (not unlike Heavy Rain).
Ive been on an adventure game bing the last few weeks including TMOS, overclocked, Sanitarium, Sherlock Holmes, and Memento Mori and this was definitely the best one. Very cinematic and I felt the puzzles were pretty well integrated and not much pixel hunting style gameplay (which is a plus). I enjoy adventure games that have a certain element of danger (broken sword had this too) where your actions actually have consequences. I mean you dont want too much danger or it turns into an action game but I feel like The last Express handled the pacing very well.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.