View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #124
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly One View Post
Those clues are just way too obvious. Could it be anything else other than TLE? I don't think so.

I am most definitely looking forward to this. Of all video game to film adaptations, I consider The Last Express to be among the top ten of worthy candidates. It's such a unique and cinematic game with a terrific story, it's no surprise that a film or novel adaptation would turn up sooner or later. It, being the criminally underrated gem that it is, really missed out on the audience it initially deserved when it was released all those years ago. With the film being released, it should put it back on the radar.

Thank God the film version is being handled by a well-respected and talented director with a pedigree of decent films under his belt (Robocop , Total Recall and Basic Instinct are classics) who hasn't really made a bad film... Showgirls was, er, well... Let me just say that at least he's definitely no Andrzej Bartkowiak. And, thank Christ Uwe Boll has kept his grubby mitts and abysmal film-making efforts away from this picture.

I must say Jordan Mechner is doing alright for himself - two film adaptations of some of his best works of interactive fiction on the way, Prince of Persia and TLE.
Who are Andrzej Bartwhatsisname and the other guy anyway? What games did they screw up?

Also really thrilled about Verhoeven doing TLE. Can't go wrong I think with Mechner invovled and all.