View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
matiash

Default Looking for conspiracy/political intrigue games

Hello people!

I've been enjoying adventure games for quite some time now (I've played most of the classics I guess) with a recent brief lull. I'd like to resume my previous activities so I'm looking for your advice.

In particular I'm interested in (relatively) recent games with good plot and mystery/conspiracy themes. For some reason I've got the impression that most recent games are either comedies (no problem with that - I like Sam and Max as much as the next guy) but what grates me is that even in those in which the subject matter is serious, the characters are always acting in a nonchalant manner (good examples of this are Secret Files: Tunguska and Runaway, which really got on my nerves near the end). This totally breaks the immersion from my point of view.

So, I would be very helpful if you could give me some recommendations for games with these kind of themes. For example, I've played (and enjoyed) Blade Runner, Spycraft, Mean Streets/Under a Killing Moon/The Pandora Directive, The Moment of Silence, Fahrenheit, Black Mirror, Still Life, Broken Sword 3...

And of course all 3 Gabriel Knight games (first one was the best IMHO). In fact something like Gabriel Knight 4 would be just what I'm looking for

Best regards,
- Matias