View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #22
Mircalla

Let me check if i got this one right...

Heavy Rain is, say, the western equivalent of those visual novels they make by the hundreds in the land of sushi and horny tentacles, just in 3D and with some extra meaningless interaction thrown in as for the player to do something other than bore herself to death while waiting for the important and life altering choices to come by, yes? And, somehow, this is truly innovative. And, somehow, this turns the, say, thing into a true, honest to God, adventure game. And, somehow, pressing the button when prompt to brush my teeth is deeper and more intellectually challenging than pressing the very same button when prompt to not fall into a hole full of really sharp and nasty looking spikes in that hellriser guy's Jericho game. And, somehow, this makes a pretty awful plotline about killers and magic sci-fi googles turn into a truly emotionally compelling and intellectually deep tale. And, somehow, all those truly amazing, and i would venture to say miraculous, accomplishments elevate the medium of videogames to those very same heights, say, Cosmology of Kyoto, Pathologic, The Void, and Faust tried to reach and failed, that of True Art (tm).

Or, say, someone got a bit carried away and forgot to take her meds, and it wasn't me for once. My money's on this one, i have to say.