View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #21
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
Most of the things said on most of the internet forums doesn't really matter, but it's a way to kill time. In any case, there's no such thing as a fact when it comes to personal opinions. If this person said he / she thinks the game is the worst ever, then we already know the answer to your question. He is the one holding the opinion and doing the comparing, and therefor his opinion is indeed a fact--- for him.

I don't think anyone can FACTUALLY claim "This is the worst game in the history of video games, and that's it".
Not true at all. To make a factual claim, you have to have content, and games have lots of content to compare. From gameplay features to production values.

Even if I hate a game, I won't call it the worst game ever. Why? Because the game may still compare really well to predecessors and the norm of the genre.

You can't fight opinion, but you can fight facts if they are false, without looking like a dumbass.

Then again, this has no place in the discussion. Comparing games to Art is pretty much a lost cause. Art isn't defined factually. Its an emotional experience, and I have to say Heavy Rain and Riven have fulfilled that sort of thing.