View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
Hammerite
kamikaze hummingbirds

Default Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert's ambitious new adventure game project: "Rock 'n Roll".

I was surprised to hear this from some media sources I have access to (I won't say who) that Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert are finally to unveil the first details of their new adventure game project, "Rock 'n Roll".
The game features old-school 2D graphics, and even a text parser interface. When asked why, Schafer responded:

Quote:
Well, the idea was conceived a LONG time ago in the early 70s by our fathers, Mickey Schafer and Valedictilius Gilbert, as a vehicle for Elvis Presley. As a viral marketing campaign, Elvis' death was faked, and the game would be released the next month. Of course, our fathers both then realised that what would be needed to program and fully produce the game weren't actually invented yet. So our fathers passed the details of the game down to us and we vowed to have it finished.
Ron Gilbert continued, as Tim Schafer stopped to have a bit of sick in a bin.

Quote:
We got kind of side-tracked with, not only the other projects, but with the lifestyle of drugs and prostitutes that many now associate with LucasArts' adventure game teams. Only recently have we finished the programming, and we don't have much time to polish the graphics and things to a modern standard because we should probably let Elvis out of his underground sea home.
The game is expected to be released in exactly twenty-eight seconds in the US, and forty-two years in other parts of the world, except for Canada who have had the game since 1863, due to a rupture in the time / space continuum.