View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #1818
RxBandits123

playing:

-Metro 2033: the atmosphere in this game is really good and intense. The game is more linear then Stalker and pretty similar to half-life 2 so that is neither a plus nor minus. the combat takes a little bit to get used to and it is pretty hard a parts but im enjoying so far. It reminds of a mixture of call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth (no on screen prompts, difficulty, horror elements)and half-life 2 (the way the story is told through npcs and your character does not talk).

-Sherlock holmes vs jack the Ripper: at the second murder and am liking so far. i've never played a sherlock game before so i dont know what to compare it to but i like the look of the town and atmosphere which reminds me more of an rpg than traditional adventure game. I also like the first person perspective.

-Final Fantasy 13- I've never really gotten into a final fantasy game before this (i played lost odyssey for about 10 hours) and this game took me a little time to get into but its growing on me a little. The story is ok and the dialogue is cheesy but overall its pretty entertaining. The gameplay does pretty much consist of running down a straight corridor than a fight but the fighting mechanics feel pretty fresh for a turn based type game. I just purchased ff 10 so i'll play that in a little bit.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.