View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #250
DaveyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAG View Post
I agree with the above about Dorn...he is appropriately creepy.

I also just wanted to note that I love Preiss and the actor who plays him. Sleazy but in a fastastic way!
Sounds like we agree 100% about both of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWrong View Post
I meant he sounds like an American, makes me wonder if he is suppose to be German
What accent a person has largely depends on where they learnt it. I knew a German who sounds 100% like she comes from Liverpool (her boyfriend was from there), I know Germans who have Irish accents, American accents, even one with an Australian accent! What I've never encountered is a German with an accent like in a bad WW2 movie...i.e. like Michael or Leber.

Quote:
I do agree everyone has a stereotypical German accent.
Don't agree - some are perfectly believeable - for example, Klingmann, von Aigner, Henneman; Georg, Josef Dallmaier, Gerde & Hr Huber are also decent.

Quote:
Well not the head of police (forgot his name), he reminds me more of a KGB agent than anything else
See above. Think you're mixing his personality & his accent.

Quote:
Are any of the actors native Germans?
It's an interesting question - I'd be interested if there's a definitive list. I think we established that the woman in the museum is. My guesses would be: Klingmann, Henneman, the woman in the post office, the policeman in Chapter 1, the man in the cuckoo clock shop & the woman with the Weisswurst. Also definitely possible are Gerde (don't think we ever hear her speak German but her English sounds about right), Josef Dallmaier, maybe Harry. I now think von Aigner probably isn't German (English is realistic, but German sounds a bit strange so I don't think so...however, that could just be an accent)