View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #222
Sughly

Finally finished chapter 4!

Thank you for thinking of the first timers Andrea! Sorry if I contributed to holding things up earlier - I've been quite busy with university . But I'm all caught up now and read all the comments.

I do think this was a very interesting chapter. I think what you said Andrea on puzzles was very interesting, even coming from a lover of the MacGuyveresque style (though, when it's done well I should add). But you're right, it's a great testament to what you can do with a game and should be something considered by all adventure developers.

Something that puzzled me though that noone brought up -
Spoiler:
that damn lilly you pick from the bush then take to the damn lake. One, I had visited that flower so many damn times I decided not to return there until I had a good reason to, and two, I had no idea I had to give it to Ludwig.
Unfortunately I had to once again use a walkthrough for this puzzle . I feel so defeated, but I also feel like a few of these kinds of puzzles are very vague. I know someone mentioned that the flower is brought up in the museum but I didn't notice that myself.

I'll leave it at that for now as it's quite late . On to Chapter 5! After some sleep.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance