View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #330
Kurufinwe

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

OK, folks, time to revive the best game thread on this forum.
(Has it really been three years? Where has my life gone? Oh, right... PhD and all that...)

For those who weren't there all those years ago, the idea of the game is this: someone posts an mp3 file with bits of music from various adventure games, and you have to guess which game each piece is from and what location/character/event it's associated with (if you only give the name of the game, you only get half the points -- or would if we were keeping score). It's fun! Anyone can participate!

A few ground rules for today:
  1. A given game may only appear once. For episodic games (Telltale), each season counts as one game.
  2. No obscure games. All the games I used were reviewed on this site. I'd have liked to use music from, say, Dune or Operation Stealth (which have great soundtrack CDs), but I think it's better to give everyone a chance to participate. Also, no obscure pieces of music; all the pieces I used here are memorable (and some even iconic).
  3. No funky remixes. All the music I used sounds essentially the way it does in-game or on an official soundtrack. So no Scumm Bar theme on the ukulele, or anything of the sort.
  4. All the games that were reviewed on this site (with a score) are eligible. This is probably not the best place to discuss whether console games or certain hybrids are proper adventures. If it got a review here, it's fair game.
  5. When posting your answers, please give either the number of the tune, or the time at which it plays. I should be able to figure out which one you're referring to, but I'm not a psychic!
  6. If you recognise 90% of the songs, please don't post all the answers at once, but only a few at a time. Let the others have a shot first!

And now, without further ado:
THE FILE
(MP3, 8.32 MB, 9:05)
There are 20 tunes from 20 different games to recognise.

Notes: Some of the transitions make my ears bleed, but I'm too lazy and unskilled to do them properly. Sorry about that. Also, having already posted 4 files in this thread 3 years ago, I tended this time to use many games that were released during these past 3 years. But there are also a few classics, don't worry!

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 03-14-2010 at 05:03 AM.