View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 AM   #196
DaveyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The book says it's the neighbor's cat, but I couldn't make head or tail of it either...
Seems to me clear that it's some small animal which has had its stomach ripped open. Don't think more is necessary to know!

Quote:
The talisman protects Gabe against nasty evil thinghies, so the wolf is scared off. In the book he is about to attack Gabe.
Yep, it's not that it's recognising the Talisman; but that the wolf "feels" its power. Spoiler for whole game:
Spoiler:
That element is proved at the end of Chapter 5...

Quote:
The game is a mixture of fact and fiction and that goes for the museum as well. The portrait of Ludwig, for instance, is real enough but not with the actor's head pasted in. At the very least, part of the text in the museum must have been written by Jane Jensen, references to "Louis" etcetera. Apparently Ludwig did suffer from insomnia, but I don't think he had a mysterious new friend.
Indeed. Many of the portraits are 100% accurate, also the locations (interiors & exteriors) and some other elements...but as Fien comments, certainly not everything . One thing I did notice is that one of the fake texts in the Wagner museum has an extra sentence in German compared to the English. I'd have to check back to get it exactly, but it was about how to make the chrystals.

Like the chapter but there's certainly a lot of info to take in. Georg & Josef Dallmier are two well-acted characters, their German also sounds good. Spoiler for this chapter:
Spoiler:
Like the puzzle with Ludwig's biography, an example of a puzzle really well intergrated into the game. The only bit i think slightly unfair is a location in the Herrenchiemsee museum - one of the display cabinets on the left is very hard to spot. I missed it I remember back when I originally played the game, and overlooked it at first this time too. Without it, you can't go to Bayreuth.