View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #186
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Spoiler:
By the way, I don't understand how could Thomas Chaphill just "change his mind" and send a document with such importance to Grace, someone he barely knows.
Spoiler:
I always thought that it is Ludwig's doing somehow. Thomas Chaphill only changes his mind after Grace communicated with Ludwig, asking him for more information. But I agree, it seems really out of the blue. I wonder what Thomas Chaphill's explanation was for his own change of mind, I mean, I guess he should have found it really odd of himself. Or Ludwig started communicating to him to give Grace the transcript, and, being afraid to be seen as a complete loony when explaining that Ludwig told him to do so, he'd call it a change of mind instead.

As for me, I finished chapter 4. Thanks to Denaron, I considered going through Neuschwannstein again, and indeed, even though I was sure I saw everything, it turned out that I missed one painting. No extra points, but the blinking stopped and the next event was triggered.

Another small peeve in this chapter:
Spoiler:
when you return to the castle, you always have the same scene with Grace saying hi and Gerde saying hi right back. Because I thought this always to be the same, I ended up clicking through that scene, which is really annoying when Gerde ends up telling you that you received a phone call from prof. Barckley (during my first playthough I was stuck for ages and ended up using uhs, which told me that Gerde would notify me...Because I did not expect that a second time, I kept on clicking through this scene, so I missed Gerde's notification of the fax being at the post office as well. I only found that out when I, stuck, tried to talk to everyone, including the woman at the post office, who happened to have a fax for me. During that first playthrough I never knew that Gerde told Grace the fax was actually at the post office, so during this playthrough, after finishing Neuschwannstein, I immediately went to the post office, only to get really frustrated for the fax not being there (which I was sure would apper out of thin air). Only then did I find out that Gerde was first to tell Grace the fax had arrived