View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #145
CoyoteAG
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Spoiler:
Second. In the cuckoo clock part, when you have to use it to lure xaver. Basicaly I used the old adventure rule: Use everything on everything. I thought that cuckoo clock was those ones that a little bird pops out of the clock with an annoying sound. Never thoght it would simulate a knocking sound, lol.

I haven't appealed to any web hints so far, and I'm gonna do the best I can to avoid it! It's been a long time since I've finished an adventure without UHS.
Spoiler:
When you buy the clock at the store and you pick it up it makes the knocking sound. I didn't remember this on my first play through either. It would have been nice if you it said something about it when Gabe looks at it in the inventory.

If you can do this on the first playthrough without hints then I'm impressed!
I remember that clock trick taking me forever to figure out the first time I played.

Spoiler:
I have played this game many times and I still got a little stuck. I forgot to look at Von Glower's card and couldn't figure out why nothing was happening.

Anyway, I finished Chapter 3 with 261 points. My favorite part of this chapter is the talk with Van Glower. He is just the best. Such an interesting character and acted so well. A charasmatic guy but with a lot of mystery.

And I guess I'm weird because I loved Leber's overacting! I think it's hysterical and adds a little comedy to this game which is more serious than the others IMO.

The scene with the media was classic Gabe and was the first time where I really felt that this Gabe was more like the Gabe in GK1 and 3.

Spoiler:
I also thought there was a great moment with Preiss where it shows how much Gabriel has changed as the result of the events of GK1. Preiss is asking Gabriel about the ladies and Gabe says that he must be sensing the past.

I can't wait for Chapter 4...I love Chapter 4!