Thread: Gaming Backlog
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
HaroldO
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
These days I play until I complete, and only then do I buy anew.
Damn, I wish I could be like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
I've decided to play 2 games at once (An adventure and other genre) so it speeds things up a bit. Normally, when some game I want is released, I've already finished one of the two I'm playing.
Seems like a fine solution. I saw the guys from The Big Bang Theory taking every friday night to play classic games so I'm doing the same now. Friday night is Vintage Game Night.
That way I can take a day a week specifically to replay classics or try the ones I missed out. I think I'll do something similar with the Wednesdays: Adventure Game Night. It's not like I'm gonna miss football on TV anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Just to name a few. The thing is that I try to play through a bit, and for some reason or another-usually the story is boring or the puzzles are too out of my reach-and I give up on them. I may go back to them...some day.
I'm a bit stubborn sometimes. I almost quit Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy at chapter 2 but I ended up using a step-by-step walkthrough and even so I lost hours on a slider puzzle. Just because I was excited to play the entire series in release order. I should have just given up. awful, awful game.
Others like StarCraft I just had to give up. I used to play this years ago and was bad, but not awful. I've decided to buy a new copy last year because the Brazilian release has really awful voice acting and translation and I wanted the original content. Then I realized: I've grown old, slow and lame.
Seriously, couldn't get passed the 4th mission in the Zerg Scenario.