View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #107
DaveyB

One amusing mini-puzzle from chapter 2 was the post office. Now I've managed to get my German ex, my fluent German-speaking wife, and my (over 70 now, only English-speaking) mother to play adventures and all 3 are/were fans of Gabriel Knight too. As I reported previously, I played the game with a friend originally, and so saw all three of them (seperately) playing GK2 (GK1 & 3 I played with my ex, recently replayed GK3 with my wife as it had been 10yrs for me - I let her work out the motorbike puzzle for herself though

Anyway, as far as the Post Office was concerned:

Spoiler:
When I gave the letter to the woman, listened to her answer, I "used" my wallet on her without even thinking. As did my German ex. As did my German-speaking wife. But I saw my mother battle with it for a good 10 minutes being mystified why, when she kept leaving the post office, she still had the package I can't remember if I gave her some help in the end Would be interesting to hear if anyone else had similar experiences - it's a very nicely-done little bit of the game.

If anyone wants any of the German dialogue from day 2 translated, let me know & I'll see what I can do.