View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #76
danigar

I really like this chapter. I love the atmosphere of Rittersberg and the whole research and background stories. I know it may not be the most exiting, but if there's something I love in adventure games and specially GK is all the realism and historical background that we get to learn. I loved playing as Grace, it gives the whole Shattenjager universe a new perspective and it complements perfectly with Gabe's side.

I think my favorite thing in this chapter, other than the fascinating research on the werewolves cases of course, is the tension between Grace and Gerde. It gives so much to the story and characters, I just love how
Spoiler:
Grace feels annoyed with the thought of Gabriel being with Gerde, it tells a lot about her and her deep (unconscious, mystical?) bond with Gabriel. I think is one of my favorite parts of the whole adventure.

I also love
Spoiler:
the arrival of the Smiths at the end, it gives a touch of humor to the game, while remaining mysterious and dark.

I just get so fascinated with seeing how the history of the Shattenjagers start to unfold before us. Whereas in GK 1 Gabe just starts to learn about this, now we become more acquainted with the history behind the shattenjagers and things that had happened to them, even if just for this particular case. Doesn't makes you want to dig that library to look what they have had to deal with over the centuries?

Wow fov I was wondering about that too!

Spoiler:
When I picked up the first diary, Victor's I think, I kept thinking how did she know which diary to pick, and thought that because of the dates in the covers that she deduced it could have information... but then I forgot about the tomb, so that's how she knew which diary to look for. It makes more sense now.