Thread: Bioshock 2
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #18
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I haven't started to play the game yet, but I'm holding the Collector's Edition in my hands as I write this (well, not literally. It's sitting on a box, securely nestled against a soft bag so nothing happens to it, right now. Because I still need free hands to type, you know.). And let me tell you, if the game is anything like this collector's edition, it's going to be swell.

If there ever was anything deserving of the title "Collector's Edition", this is it. The first thing you'll notice about the box, is that it is huge. Even back when large cardboard boxes were common for computer games, as opposed to simple DVD cases, this box would be considered gargantuan. 32.5*32.5*6cm (or 12.7"*12.7"*2.2") it is exactly. When you remove the Paper slip case, with the Bioshock 2 "Special Edition" title on it, you will be faced bey a beautifully made black box (very sturdy it is too), with a silver butterfly design made from many handprints on it. And it's not flat, it's got texture. ^^

When you open this box, you'll immediately find the reason for the size of the box. Inside is a copy of the Bioshock 2 soundtrack ON VINYL! Yes, a real, genuine LP album. Steampunk fans of the world rejoice, for you are not forgotten: You'll finally get a new album for that grammophone you restored to working condition yourself again. ^^

As you remove the record, you'll be face with an hard cover art book, and something rolled up: And all of it in a fitting plastic case mold with that fuzzy texture, so no, it's not the cheap type that breaks after you take out the stuff a few times (more about that later.). Anyway, the Art book is thick, and has lots of material. The rolled up thing is three retro posters for Rapture.

After removing the artbook, you will finally find the game box, also securely lying in the case mold, and if you let your view go a bit to the sides around it, you'll see the case mold is not simply smooth, but has a pattern molded into it. And under the game, you'll find a second copy of the soundtrack, this time on CD, for those unlucky people that no longer own a record player. And even the case mold underneath the game is molded in an individual pattern.

It is obviously that nothing of this collector's edition was done half-heartedly. The only thing that beats this is that one edition of the neverending story that was bound in leather and made in the size described in the book itself. O.o

Now, to get down to playing the game...

-
Wow, that sounds pretty cool. I saw those special editions today in my nearest GameStation store. The first thing I thought/was reminded of when I saw them were those original big boxed PC games.

It's not so much the cash, but the lack of room that prevents me from getting these special editions. They are very tempting though. I LOVE it when the games come in those tin/steel cases. I wish more games and DVDs would.

As for the game itself - it's great! I'm enjoying myself. I never get tired of exploring Rapture and the creepy atmosphere is fantastic. The story hasn't really pulled me in that much though. I just hope it gets better later on. The first game is still my favourite, and probably always will be, because of its story and how fresh the game felt when I first played it. Although there's still plenty of mystery to uncover in the sequel, Rapture itself doesn't feel as new/mysterious anymore.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour