View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #3744
MystGirl
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Been renting a lot of comedies and romantic comedies lately. I can't remember the titles to all of them because they all tend to run together as they all have the same plot, types of characters, etc.

However, one that stood out a bit was the New Moon movie. Yes, I'm another annoying Twilight fan. I really enjoyed the second movie. I may be 35, but most of the time I feel like I'm going on 15 emotionally sometimes. I still love these types of movies. Ah, teenage love. The angst, the drama, the intensity! How I pine for those more innocent days sometimes. I thought New Moon was great and the acting was a little better in this one. I also have a bit of a thing for werewolves anyway, so that's always a plus in a movie for me.

Inglorious Bastards was excellent. I wasn't a Tarantino fan years ago, but every movie of his has grown on me and now I look forward to his movies. He is truly brilliant at writing dialogue.

I saw The Lovely Bones recently based on the book. I haven't read the book yet but I'm kind of glad Peter Jackson decided against putting the actual rape scene from the book into the movie. There really was no need for a graphic scene. The scene in the movie was spooky enough after Mister Harvey convinced her to go into his underground lair. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I enjoyed the visions of heaven after she died and watched her family and murderer.

The one movie I was disappointed in was Avatar. The special effects were great but the story was severely lacking. It was terribly predictable. I saw it in 3-D which was interesting. I enjoyed the movie for the effects, but I just wasn't that impressed with the story.