View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #262
Zack

I completed my first playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins, yesterday afternoon, as a Dwarven Warrior Noble called Barnabus. I was so relieved and excited when I finally defeated the Archdemon. It took numerous restarts because he kept killing my crew and I, but I eventually managed to defeat him with just my lead character and Morrigan.

Here's some of the decisions I made that I remember to the best of my abilities:

Spoiler:

1. I chose Lord Harrowmont as the king of Orzammar.
2. Anora became the new queen of Ferelden, and I spared Loghain's life, which infuriated Alistair so much that he left, and I never saw him again.
3. Morrigan and I made a ritual that would spare my life against the fight with the Archdemon. She left after the battle.
4. I sided with the Werewolves, instead of the Elves.
5. Branka stayed behind in the Deep Roads, and forged the stone golems.

My thoughts of my crew.

Alistair: I liked him at first, but then I eventually found him to be a whiny bastard, and he became irritating. I'll do my best to get him on his good side next time.

Morrigan: She was fascinating, and scary at the same time. One of the most complex characters I've ever met in a role-playing game.

Thunder: I loved having a dog by my side, and he was a pretty tough fighter, too.

Oghren: He was kind of like the comic relief in the game, very entertaining to have as a partner.

Finally, there's sten. I didn't use him very much, because I found him hard to warm up too. He was a tough fighter, though.

Loghain was a last minute addition to the crew. I never met Leilianna, or anybody else who could join my crew.

All in all, I thought the game was very good, but not one of the best games I ever played. It had a great story, and likable characters. My only complaint was that the combat was very hard, even on Casual mode. Also, I think I prefer guns, and lightsabers over swords. Regardless, I do plan to play the game again someday, maybe as a human.

4 out of 5 stars.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 02-07-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: I'm neither fov nor trep :P