Thread: Heavy Rain Demo
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
Draco2.5

It seems to be a good follow up to Indigo Prophecy. The quick time events are a lot better this time around, more integrated into the game. However, I was really hoping for more interactivity in the environments. The part when you are in a victim's mother's hotel room, you can't even go into the bathroom. Also, the dialog choices seemed rather limited. The right and wrong dialog choices seemed really obvious. Speaking of dialog, the voice acting was all around average. In most games voice acting of this quality would be passable, but for a game that's focus is so much on immersion and plot, stilted dialog is inexcusable. This is especially annoying because Indigo Prophecy had rather good voice acting, I felt. Also, the controls are terrible. There is no good reason why any game should require the player to hold down L2 to move. Although, maybe it is something that I'll get used to once I play the game. But, from what I've seen in the demo, I really can't see buying Heavy Rain-- a rental definitely.

Ok fine, I probably will still buy it just to support original games.

Even though it looks like Heavy Rain might be flawed, the time I spent playing the demo was more enjoyable than playing something like Modern Warfare 2.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey