View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #300
rottford

I'm loving that we all originally seemed to have different conclusions regarding the whole free will/Tetelo thing! Just goes to show how some things are left open to the imagination...

[QUOTE=AndreaDraco83;537687]

Spoiler:
Like the werewolves in GK2 represent the Dionysian part of the human sould, and like the vampires in GK3 stands for the human longing toward immortality, the zombies of GK1 shows the depths of religious manipulation, that can bind souls even after death to their dogmas.

Wow -- I've played GK2 a dozen times and GK3 ... err ... once, but that is an excellent observation, Andrea. One of which I never fully thought!

Meanwhile, I certainly felt the supernatural aspect of the game as early as the intro to the game (the first dream sequence). Then again, not all dreams are supernatural. But man,
Spoiler:
(excuse the spoiler -- just playing it safe) when I first played this game at age 10, Crash's death was one of the scariest, most supernatural things I ever saw in a game. And that was several days before the Benin trip. If that didn't set the supernatural atmosphere, I don't know what did!

So to me, the supernatural element grew at a very refreshing (is that the right word?) rate until the
Spoiler:
tension peaked at Benin (sorry for spoilers again. Don't want to give away that Benin is pretty much the peak)