View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
HaroldO
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
People find it gimmicky, yet, they don't realize that everything about gaming was a gimmick. 3d will stick around. Its going to get cheaper no doubt, but for now, we have to wait for early adopters to buy into it.

A good example of a gimmick was the "3d Gaming". Back in the 90's, games looked like shit in 3d. If we called it a gimmick and gave up on it, we would never have games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Halo, Half-Life, Doom, etc.

There is no excuse to correctly use "Gimmick". Its a pathetic excuse for those who trash technological evolution.
Or maybe is just doesn't appeal to some of us. I know, crazy!

I have nothing against technological evolution but I'm not willing to adopt every little new thing that comes along just because "it's cool". There's a lot of concepts that I would like to see in video games to make they more immersive or interesting like head tracking or better rumble for gaming chairs.

Now, buy a new equipment for improved depth perception... I'm not willing. Yet. But I'm also not saying people shouldn't. It's their money. But to me it's still a gimmick. Yeah, I just used the "g-word"