View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #214
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

Maybe they are just too busy buying beignets?

Anyway, just finished day 6, and still love it. All the puzzles in this day make sense and are perfectly integrated. I just love
Spoiler:
the writing on the tomb puzzle. Not only do you need to know exactly what you want, you also have to deduce the missing letters in the voodoo code. One odd thing is that I believe that in my previous playthrough I had to wait until the caretaker had moved to another screen (else either the narrator would tell me to wait for that or the caretaker himself would complain, can't remember which, but now I could do it with him being in the same screen...

Then the second part....
Spoiler:
the bayou. Usually I am a fervent opponent of mazes in which the orientation seems to change in every new scene, but for this one I make an exception because you have a perfect other way to orient. I actually like using the tracker. (I do thing it a bit odd that you have to use the tracker on the bayou, took me a while to find that out, although I knew exactly what to do, but that's a minor flaw.

I also remember in my first playthrough that I had forgotten to paint the snake on Gabe's chest, which is a bit annoying, because then I thought it was something that you only find out after having died first, but now I do think that it makes sense that you should get it on you before going to the bayou, because of what Crash told you about it.

Also love how this day reveals even more of the mystery, and yet keeps on creating more questions.