View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 AM   #261
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I think the first early reports of an expansion pack quoted 15 hours of content, but that didn't come from any official source. Doesn't mean it's not true, though. The interview I linked above gave the impression it'd be longer, so here's hoping!
Without absolutely confirming the 15 hour mark (and making no attempt to deny that length) there was an interesting developer comment on the social site. They basically explained that the price point was chosen not just in terms of hours of extra gameplay offered but rather the work that went into it.

Its not just an extra 15 hour adventure tacked onto the 'end' but has extra content that had to be folded into the original game. The fact that he picked the work involved to argue the price point and never once tried to deny the 15 hour estimate pretty much confirmed in my mind that its not a bad guess how long the extra adventure will run (hell maybe its even less than 15 hours).

I'll probably wait till its on sale for around ~$20. I plan on taking a much longer break before revisiting Dragon Age anyway.