View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 06:55 AM   #15
Erwin_Br
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
But I can play DVDs on my computer. (PowerDVD actually came installed on my machine, that's what I use to watch movies.) The only problems I've ever had playing DVD-ROMs were with this game and with Overseer, and from what I gathered they were the same kind of problem (that my DVD player does not have a hardware/MPEG decoder).

I had acquired the CD version as part of the same trade, so I just ran that and have traded the DVD version away. Same with Overseer -- I had the CD version that came bundled with the DVD version, so I just installed that instead.

Out of curiosity, other than better graphics, is there any difference between the two versions of TLC?

-emily

EDIT: I think there are two DVD versions of TLC -- the DVD-ROM and the DVD video (that plays on your TV). I had the DVD-ROM version. I didn't try it on the DVD player on the TV but I don't think the version I had was meant to be played that way.
Well, I have a DVD version which plays both on my PC and on my DVD player connected to the TV.

Beside the better graphics, I believe the save-game system is different between the two versions. The DVD works with some kind of code system. You get a code, and have to enter it when you want to load the game. I don't know for sure, but I think the CD-Rom version can save games like a normal game, right?

--Erwin