View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #117
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

Okay, so it took me a little bit more than an hour, but I have finished day 2 also now.

Well, gotta love the game. The rich history of voodoo explained, real world places, along with their history, Jane Jensen really did a lot of research and managed to put in so much of it. I remember after my first playthrough reading about New Orleans and voodoo, and finding out that so much in the game is actually based on truth.

Okay, my experiences so far. First of all, love the poem lines at the beginning. Funny enough it took me a few days after I finished my first playthrough to find out how perfectly those lines fit the day. Now it seems so obvious.

I may have mentioned it before, but day 1 and 2 are not my favorite days. It is like there is so much to see, so much to explore, but what you actually should do seems a bit arbitrary. The goal is not quite clear yet. Especially the puzzle in the attic, I see how it should make sense, but I needed a walkthrough the first time I played it.

Also, it may have been because I sped it up a bit to catch up and so didn't look at everything thoroughly, but it seems more pixelhunt-ish than the first time I played it. But I guess that is mostly due to speeding up and not really looking at everything.

I could now write down a whole essay about the use of labels, but let's not do that. Let's say that I prefer no labels, and in this game, again, I do not miss them. Unless you are of course hurried, but usually, when you explore every tiny detail, who needs them?

I remember from my first playthough that it never occured to me to
Spoiler:
use Gabe's father's sketchbook with the writings on tomb and with the pattern, simply because I thought along the lines of 'that thing is old, the owner is dead, you should not keep on using it. It would spoil the thing (I still think that, but that may as well be my attitude towards collecting old things in their original state)

One thing I still think would be a really logical thing to do, but which the game does not allow you to, is to translate the German letter with the dictionary, so use letter with dictionary. I mean, if you want to know more about Schattenjägers or your family history, translate that letter already! If Gabe's too lazy, then let Grace do the job

On a more random note, a thought I had when playing the game the first time: "I can predict when and how Gabriel will die!" The idea behind that is that his grandfather died when he got hit by a car when his son was 8 years old, and Gabriel's father died when Gabriel was 8 years old, in a car crash. So, following this logic, Gabe will die in a car-related accident when his son will be 8 year

Okay, that last point has just proven that I am getting tired
Won't be able to play tomorrow, but I'll start day 3 thursday. And every day the story and the game will get more and more interesting...