View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #108
Little Writer

Mm, I've never played the GK games with a "try everything on everything" technique. These games are far removed from their cartoony cousins where logic is often thrown out the window and you have to try the silliest things to solve a puzzle. GK to me is synonym for serious adventure gaming where all actions make sense, so much so that I'd almost say that simply behaving as you would yourself in real life is often the way to move forward.

About the dialogue system: I don't mind it when the characters clearly state they don't know anything else and repeat that, but that's not always the case. I'm no dunce, I know when to stop asking questions. But sometimes they give the same, occassionally lenghty, reply without any hint they won't further elaborate on it, and then it sounds a bit weird and unrealistic (something which is all the much apparent in an otherwise very realistic game). I'll report here if I encounter an example during day three.

Actually, Alison Ewing voices the voodoo lady in Tales. It's only Leilani Jones in Curse and Escape.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13

Last edited by Little Writer; 01-11-2010 at 04:25 AM.