View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83
Default AG Community Playthrough #12: Gabriel Knight 1

Welcome, fellow Schattenjagers, to the AdventureGamers Community Playthrough #12, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father

As always, some preliminar forewarnings.

The adventure is old and may prove difficult to install and play on modern machines. However, the Sierra Help Pages are full of useful tips on how to overcome these problems, and, more importantly, the mighty Collector has provided a wonderful DOSBox Installer that really works like a charm and allows you to setup and play the game in no time. On the other hand, if you want to play the game in Windows, you can use the equally powerful Endroz' Installer for the game, although I don't know if this method is fully compatible with 64bit OS.

Once you have installed the game, try it. Everything OK? If not, don't panic! If you're having audio-related problems, you can check out this page, and this page will certainly come in handy if you're experiencing one of the nasty speed problems that unfortunately plagues almost every old game.

Like in my previous GK3 playthrough, all the images I will post come from the wonderful Belbor and his amazing site, The Pendulum of Life, a must for every Gabriel Knight fan. This time around, I will also use as a reference the extremely interesting material put together by Almirena and other dedicated fans for the Gabriel Knight 4 Campaign.

Now, as soon as all the partecipants have the game up and running, we can effectively start the playthrough.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 01-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.