View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Denaron
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I've never been to Toronto, but I live just a couple of hours south of Vancouver and go there often enough. It's very multi-cultural, but my impression is that western Canada is more English speaking the eastern, and a toss up inbetween. So I agree with Lee--go Vancouver.

Where you go in Vancouver is a toss-up since you didn't list your preferences. We usually stay in the West-end and there's a lot to do in that area, and some of Vancouver's finer restaurants are there, but some are not (lot's of good restaurants are south of that). But you could spend all of your time in or near the West End and have lots of fun.

Going east of that can be dicey. The further you go east on Hastings or Broadway you go the more careful you want to be--there's good stuff down there, but it's best if you do it daytime.

My main advice: make your stay in the West End, regardless of where you venture during the day.
Very interesting informations, dude. Thank you very much!

I have decided to follow you guys advice, I'm going to Vancouver. I will study at the canadian College, I don't know exactly where it's located yet.

Well, I hope everything goes right, if it does, I might travel about march or april. I hope it's not very cold in that part of the year because I'm used to Rio summer (about 33 - 37ºc (sometimes even 40º!), hehehe.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.