View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
Sughly

Although I don't play any of these so called casual games, I did play Drawn and, for someone who finds artwork and presentation a big factor in adventures, enjoyed it more than most games I played this year. That's not to say I prefer casual games, but like someone mentioned previously it's a matter of the quality of character and story and writing that's in adventures of recent. Drawn's story was simple but had me pushing on, and the world it gave me was better than most I've been given elsewhere.

Also, I think pointing the finger at AG over casual games is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Did anyone other than myself find the Dire Grove storyline more compelling that Still Life 2?.
I didn't play Dire Grove myself, but I would say I found a lot of things more compelling. Such as the unistallation process of Still Life 2 after a day's play.

EDIT: I think to clarify my point, and only speaking for myself, a casual game in this instance has only been something to turn to because there's been nothing better in the adventure department. It's not my plan to give up on adventure and dedicate myself to casuals, I'm just finding something to help me along to a decent title.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance