View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #237
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

I don't understand the venomous hate so many people seem to develop for Anora. Is it because she talks down to you? She's the fucking queen.
Spoiler:
Is it because she's smart enough to figure out you're going to depose her? Remove her from a role she's not only suited to, but worked hard at, and received praise for her skill at? (from both noble and commoner alike) Or do people just hate her by proxy because of her father?
Personally I loved her. In her very brief time on screen, I felt more from her, and for her than after an entire game dragging Morrigan, Leliana and Wynne along in my wake. She's smarter, sharper and more insightful than the lot of them. I would have loved for an excuse to go with a romp with her outside the palace to wear away her polished facade a little and get to know her more.

I have tried all the so called 'backstabbing' moments she's accused of. All of her reactions made sense to me and never irked me for very long. It just made her all the more desirable. I never got the impression she was just about ruling, and I only felt more for her as a character that she didn't just roll over and look to me to decide the fate of her country.

Unlike the Elves or the Dwarves. God how awful such moments where, "Dear Warden, we are pitiful weaklings, you know so much more than us, show us the way!"

*gag*
Spoiler:
Even 'hardened' I've never felt any confidence in Alistair as king. The only time I did put him on the throne was as a puppet for my power mad mage, who was looking to pick a fight with the Maker himself.

All other times I've gladly supported Anora. The only thing she really did wrong was love her father a little too blindly.