View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #18
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
I've got one reason why it won't look as good as 2.5D - budget. Like Jane Jensen said in the Grey Matter interview, why spend all the time and money making it 3D when you can put that effort towards story and character? There was no change that had to be made, it's like you said earlier, it's heavily influenced by commercial trends.
Well, that's very true. Budget will of course be very much limiting in an adventure game. I guess I assumed that they had the necessary budget then if they were to make the 3D transition. Also...
Quote:
I agree wholely with DeadWolf in that Syberia carries much of it's charm in it's presentation - you mess with a games charm and you're already messing with it's potential.

AndreaDraco83 also raises a point to be noted though - all of this means nothing without Mr. Sokal at the helm.
First of all, I guess just like with GK4, I didn't even consider that Sokal wouldn't be at the head (obviously, I was a bit optimistic there).

And I also agree - I don't think that Syberia should be 3D, I guess I should've made that more clear. It was just that, first of all, I just thought to point out that it isn't too hard to imagine the reason they'd transit to 3D. Secondly, I was just trying to point out that even though today most (if not all) 3D AGs apparently aren't very well executed (and to be honest, I don't even know one, though apparently all the talk of Still Life 2 means that it is?), it doesn't mean Syberia 3 would have to be bad as well...

Also, I cannot say whether it's a good idea to do a Syberia 3 at all, I have yet to finish even the first one.