View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #1679
Denaron
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Personally I am a massive Sherlock Holmes fan (of the books that is) but if you're not then it won't stop you enjoying the game, in fact it may even help! None of the games so far have had a typical "Sherlock Holmes" style story but that isn't to say they're not good in a different way.

Several of the complaints I have had about the previous games are dealt with (at least partially) in this one and if you're a fan of Jack the Ripper (well ... the story that is) I think you'd like it, or at the least find it interesting.

It isn't quite the same as most "normal" adventure games as a fair bit of "deduction" from clues obtained is involved. In some of the previous games this was confusing and not done very well (in my opinion at least) but in this one I'm quite impressed by the improvements that have been made and it works well.

Like I say I haven't finished the game yet but on the whole I'm liking it and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the slightly more serious and gory murders type of game. Some of the plot elements have been a little silly, or a little bit contrived, but it looks good, it's well voice acted and you don't need to have played any of the other Sherlock games to play it.
Ohh nice. Thank you for those interesting informations. I'll certainly check it out!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.