View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
I'm not about to try and throw fuel in the fire, but even though you don't mean anything by it the line 'Though people need to understand that most masterpieces will be misunderstood by people who don't understand it' kind of implies to a lot of people that you know more than them and that's why you can appreciate it more. And I don't think people like that implication.

I think Fien's on the money when he/she says it all boils down to whether you're the type of gamer who 'enjoys lonely first-person exploration, mechanical/logic non-inventory puzzles, and reading books and documents'.
No doubt Fien is right. Its like calling the "Mona Lisa" a masterpiece, while many who don't like art call it shit. Does it make it any less of a masterpiece? You may not like Lonely Adventure games, but it still doesn't make it any less of excellence.

Myst isn't my cup of tea really. It takes too long to tell a story. I'm just arguing the fact that it is a masterpiece. It does what it is suppose to do REALLY well. Its common sense that masterpieces WILL be misunderstood because people usually never see things for there details and content. Yet, i'm mocked for this!

Last edited by kadji-kun; 11-29-2009 at 02:45 PM.