View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
"Will be misunderstood by people who don't understand it"?
Hehehe.... that's great stuff, puts a big smile on my face. Our once world-famous Dutch soccer player Cruyff says things like that all the time and everybody loves him for it, whether they agree with him or not: "You can only understand it when you get it." So don't ever change, Kadji-Kun, you're as passionate as he is. As arrogant too, but that's fine, gives us non-arrogant mortals that nice righteous feeling of moral superiority. Cruyff puts it so well: "I hardly ever go wrong because it's very hard for me to make mistakes".

About Riven...
Yes, it has more story than Myst. You'll meet more people in cut scenes, but you can't interact with them. Riven is not nearly as nonlinear as Myst. You have to do things in the right order to gain access to new locations and gather clues all over the place for later puzzles. If you thought the Myst puzzles easy you'll be happy to know that there are some very hard ones in Riven. The rides from island to island are lovely, Riven is an immensely beautiful place, alive with creatures and people, and you can end the game in ten different ways.

But of course it all boils down to: are you the type of gamer who enjoys lonely first-person exploration, mechanical/logic non-inventory puzzles, and reading books and documents.

And please don't forget: “Listen, if I wanted you to understand it all, I would have explained it better…” (Cruyff)