View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #3646
geggis
the midnight rambler

Actually I also saw Up recently in 3D and was rather disappointed in the same way as tsa was. I think it might be one of the weakest Pixar films I've seen despite it showcasing (again) their mastery over computer generated emotions. It had me welling up like Wall-E did. As Lucien21 said though, it makes me wonder what a Pixar film would be like if it didn't pander to kids so much.

I also saw Benjamin Button too and thought it was brilliant. It provoked so many questions about age, love, life and loss. The special effects were astounding.

Hey maxf1, Moon is one of the finest sci-fi films I've ever seen, up there with Blade Runner. Clint Mansell's soundtrack is hypnotic and Sam Rockwell was perfect!

Oh and I also saw Men Who Stare at Goats. I thought it was a waste of my time, straddling some sort of serious hokey spiritual eccentricity and self-parody. It contradicted itself whilst not really knowing where the hell it was going.