View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #1660
jbunniii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizman View Post
Tutu is awesome I use it as well - that entangle spell getting your own guys meant they failed the saving throw I think.

Fighter/Mage is a great class. If you want the best tank pick up Minsc in Nashkel. If you do his quest with the Gnoll Stronghold you can get a pretty good mage there (Dynaheir). There is also a mage in Nashkel called Edwin, but he's chaotic evil and causes problems with Minsc. Lastly in Nashkel there is a very useful Ankheg Armour set hidden - if you want to find it check Gamebanshee or Gamefaqs for it's coordinates.

I recommend dualling Imoen at around level 5 to Mage, when you get her pick locks and find traps to around 85.
You can find Kivan in the High Hedge area, west of Beregost I think. You get Coran later during the Cloakwood quest!
Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for these people. Once I get rolling again my plan is to head back to Beregost and do the quests there and then head south to Nashkel. Is level 3 for all party members high enough to tackle Beregost or should I explore the countryside for a while longer to level up a few more times? What level should I aim for before starting the Nashkel mines? [BTW I've already been to Nashkel long enough to talk to the mayor, so the people who were threatening to quit the party have now shut up. I assume that means I can wait as long as I like before actually doing the Nashkel quests, right?]

In other news I just started "Sanitarium" last night, a recent GOG purchase. Really cool so far, I just started chapter 3. No elves or fairies in this game - just psychos and really creepy deformed children so far. My kind of adventure game!