View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #1657
jbunniii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizman View Post
jbuniii that's awesome that you're getting to play BG1 for the first time!! Just beat it again a few weeks ago.

Tip if you're having trouble: Archers. Elven archers. They can't do wrong (Kivan and Coran).
Thanks, I haven't encountered Kivan or Coran yet, but I'm using Imoen as an archer, and also my primary character and Jaheira are arching [if that's not a word, it should be] when we aren't casting spells. [I am playing as a fighter/mage, if I recall correctly.]

There are two others acting as tanks, even if though they aren't really all that strong yet. Then there is Xan, I think his name is, who can cast spells but not much else. I'm planning to ditch him when I find someone better. I already let his partner die without resurrecting him.

By the way, I'm using TuTu and the widescreen mod, mostly for the improved graphics, but I also noticed that some of the gameplay has changed versus my initial attempt using plain vanilla BG1. For example, I could swear that the "entangle" spell in BG1 only affects a single enemy, whereas with TuTu it sprouts vines all over the freaking place which also entangle my party if I get too close! I wonder if differences like these will result in enough gameplay differences to make the experience suboptimal, or if it will actually make it better. Any opinions?