View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #279
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
Perhaps you mean that all the things you have to do in ToMI are all linked to a sort of "common goal" for that particular episode, while in the other games you had more "stand alone" puzzles to tackle small but more diverse obstacles so you could find your way to the "big goal" of the entire game?
Something along those lines. I think the basic story and premise of each episode (the things which, even with a cliffhanger ending, give it a sense of whole) did not require an overarching puzzle in each of them to provide that feel. What I mean is, the episode-specific task of getting off Flotsam is enough to drive the story without having to generate 3 pieces of pirate news. I actually loved this in the first episode, as it hearkened back to SoMI, but then every episode was structured the same way! I guess it just feels like filler, and a bit of a lazy design choice.

Quote:
I certainly agree the amount of jungle puzzles in ToMI are a bit too much. Makes it look more like a "puzzle game" than an "adventure game".
I liked both Jungle Puzzles on Flotsam, but was disappointed with the same jungle being used on a different island in ep. 2
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem