View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #3640
Zack

The Brotherhood of the Wolf

I watched this last night, and it was a very exciting and lengthy foreign movie. It was made in France in 2001, and it had a terrific mixture of Horror, Adventure, Martial Arts, Romance, and Mystery.

The movie stars Samuel Le Bihan, as an important doctor from France, who is hired by the king of France to go to this small town, and kill a beast that is killing the women and children. With him, is an Indian, (played by Mark Dacascos) who is his sworn brother, and faithful sidekick. Without spoiling anything else, all I will say is that what starts off as a monster hunt, turns into a very twisty, and dark conspiracy type movie.

I was in the mood to try something different, and it had been a while since I last saw a great foreign movie. So that's why I decided to rent this movie from Netflix, and I'm glad I did because I loved it! I started watching it at 9:30p.m., and didn't finish it until 12:15a.m. The reason is because it's two and a half hours (or 2 1/2). It's also because I hit the rewind button a few times to rewatch some plot developments, and some of the fight scenes, which were incredible. Monica Bellucci co-stars also, as a very seductive woman, who isn't what she seems. Finally, for those people who are afraid of watching the movie with subtitles on it (because it was made in France), there is an option to watch it dubbed in English.

As you may have guessed, this movie gets a definite recommendation from me if you guys haven't seen it yet. It's action-packed at times, and it's also creepy.

I hope this helped you out.