View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #80
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Alistair just spit the dummy (literally almost, serious father issues) over my problem solving skills in Redcliff. I felt genuinely upset because I know I made the right decision (for my character) based on her origin (mage) and personal history with those involved, both individuals and organisations. He never offered any real solution of his own either, and then has the nerve to shout at me like that because of his own baggage!

I gave him a seriously killer gift right after, hoping to make him feel like a total heel for blowing up at me like that.

Yeah its almost that good, despite the crashes (PC version).
Right? It's such a complex situation to make a decision on, more so than any previous Bioware game. I got a tip from another game on how to make a particular decision in Redcliffe that will satisfy Alistair, Lelianna, and Wynne, but by then it was too late. Wynter (my Mage) had made his choice and he must stick by it. So I have to make it up to those three companions with key gifts and more sympathetic conversation.

She's beautiful! Very Joan of Arc. She's actually the most beautiful out of all the female characters I've seen other people create for themselves. Good job!

Quote:
The isometric view I enjoy, but its too much of a gimmick to be the defining reason to get the game on PC. The vertical angle is locked to be reminiscent of the infinity engine and I frequently wish I could tilt it to be more overhead.
I have the X360 version. Naturally it's not as graphically refined as the PC version with everything cranked up, but I don't care, it still looks to be graphically rich and impressive. I especially love the depth of field use during the in-game dialogs and certain cutscenes.

I have absolutely no problems with the absence of the isometric view, and frankly, even if I did have that option it would do nothing to enhance gameplay for me.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien