View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #79
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
*snip*
Thanks for your opinion. My point is that the ascendancy of consoles to be a serious platform for complex games today and a very highly lucrative market worldwide has drawn resentment from many PC gamers. But that is the reality of a very competitive industry and I understand that reality. It's the consoles' turn to shine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Do somebody knows a good way to beat dragons? They're too hard!
What difficulty are you playing it on? And have you outfitted your party members with the very best gear and augmentations you can find? Are they at a higher level yet? And is your party well balanced, i.e. each member has a tight specialization that contributes to the overall strength of the party?

Generally when I come across a very powerful enemy I keep my Mage as far from the heat as possible in order to heal and support my tank. My tank is the one who draws the attack of the enemies, my Rogue either shoots the arrows or slices with double blades around the periphery of the fight and sneaks in damage, and since I currently play with two Mages (my character and Wynne) I keep them distant and use ranged spells and constantly magically heal my tank.

I ended up playing it like KOTOR, where I immediately switch to hold positions so I can individually relocate each party member to a strategic place and issue individual commands.

EDIT: Denaron, I forgot to mention a tip I procured from the Prima Strategy Guide to help you fight the dragon. The dragon is an Elite Boss, one of the most formidable enemies you'll face...

Quote:
Everyone stand back except the tank. Send your tank (like Alistair or Sten) in to pull as much threat as possible. When the dragon gets angry enough to unload its fire breath on the tank, have a Mage cast Force Field to shield the tank for the duration of the attack. Everyone else unloads high powered damage on the dragon while it concentrates on the invulnerable attack.
Also, I think the dragon is immune to any flame attack, or at least isn't damaged much. Therefore your best best is a powerful cold spell. Make sure to augment your tank's sword with icy crystals or cast an icy augmentation spell on it, like Cone of Cold or Blizzard. You should also boost every party member with some flame resistance in any way you can. Use any kind of item to try to reduce the dragon's Strength, Dexterity, and Consitution.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 11-09-2009 at 10:09 PM.