View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #26
ozzie

Bent off to the wrong topic, eh?

I'm already a happy owner of all three games. I also loved the second one the most. The ending was very touching, and Lauren is a great character, believable, full of strength, yet, without hope, doomed to free ghosts for the rest of her life. Tragic, yet not overly dramatic in a forced way.
I like the retro style of the graphics. Most of them were adequate, but some backgrounds looked sparse, unfinished or just not well done. The game felt also a bit constricted, like when the Countess chases you back to the apartment, again and...again. And a bar keeper in the piano bar wouldn't have hurt.
Blackwell Convergence was much more pleasant to look at, and it's cool that the story of the previous games came to a conclusion. While Unbound also grabbed me emotionally, Convergence just entertained me really well and didn't leave as much of a lasting impression.
And, like was mentioned in the review here on AdventureGamers, Rosa just came across as a bit shy, but her awkardness was pretty much gone. Okay, she still cracked some corny jokes, though. Maybe it made it more easy to relate to her, but I didn't remember her like this from Legacy. Maybe I should play the first part again...

Anyway, great games!

Last edited by ozzie; 10-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.