View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
ozzie

I thought I might just reuse this thread instead of creating a new one. So, I found a description of an adventure online, but I have no idea what game this might be, so I post it here:

Quote:
There was an interesting varient some years back (around 1995-1997) which attempted to combine a lot of new ideas with many classical ones. Damn if I remember the name- all I remember about the box is that it had heat-sensitive liquid crystals and a giant biological warning symbol on the front. If anyone knows the game, by the way, do let me know. Anyway, this was the era of the CD-ROM first really breaking through. The game combined point and click, rendered 3-D backgrounds, FMVs, and something of a choose-your-own-adventure style. That last part was a real kicker. This was another one of these games where you had a time limit- something about you had a bomb in your scull which would blow up in 60 minutes, though there were patches you could apply to buy a little more time. Traditional puzzles may or may not have a logic to them, but this game demanded that you knew where to go- wrong turns around corners would mean instant death at the hands of firing squads, and that would depend on how long you took in particular areas. You needed to find the clues to figure out who had put the bomb in your head and hwo to get it out, but rather than being a matter of finding one clue which lead to another, it was more literally clicking on everything on the landscape until something popped up. That was very ungood. I loved it at the time, but it was so ungodly frustrating that I finally gave it up in despair. A trail of breadcrumbs, as you say, would have been most welcome.
I hope someone might be able to help!