View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #13
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanparkerfilms View Post
I couldn't believe what a monumental disaster of character development, voice acting, horrid dialogue (laughably so), general out-of-character "bastardy-ness" (does Brian ever visit a location in the game where he doesn't get someone killed, destroy a building, destroy priceless art, or do some sort of illicit activity without seeming to care or have it trouble him in the least?), and all of these complaints are only addressing the story.
This seems to be a general characteristic of Pendulo Studios games. Their first title, Igor: Objective Uikokahonia (which used to be available from Home of the Underdogs), featured a similarly unlikeable protagonist, presented uncritically as the "hero". It seriously makes me think that the designers are not very nice people.

Quote:
The puzzles are a whole extra can of worms, that, while okay and somewhat funny in some areas, were too ridiculously badly designed to make up for it. I cannot possibly see how making 5 trips from the water cooler to the steam engine could possibly be viewed as charming.
Yeah, the gameplay was full of annoying crap like that.